New Manual Released:
As part of the U.S. IOOS Data Management and Communication (DMAC) core services, the U.S. IOOS Program Office has issued the QARTOD Manual for Real-Time Quality Control of Passive Acoustics Data. This manual is a living document that reflects the state-of-the-art QC testing procedures for real-time Passive Acoustics observations. It is written for the experienced operator but also provides examples for those who are just entering the field.
Updated QARTOD Project Plan Issued:
Updated Manual Released:
Real-time Quality Control Manuals
These manuals are living documents that reflect the state-of-the-art QC testing procedures for real-time in-situ current observations.
- Real-Time Quality Control of Passive Acoustics Data
- Real-Time Quality Control of Phytoplankton Data
- Real-Time Quality Control of HF Radar Observations
- Real-Time Quality Control of Dissolved Nutrients Observations
- Real-Time Quality Control of Wind Data
- Real-Time Quality Control of Water Level Data
- Real-Time Quality Control of In-Situ Surface Wave Data
- Real-Time Quality Control of Ocean Optics Data
- Real-Time Quality Control of In-Situ Temperature and Salinity Data
- Real-Time Quality Control of Dissolved Oxygen Observations in Coastal Oceans
- Real-Time Quality Control of In-Situ Current Observations
- Manual for Oceanographic Data Quality Control Flags
The Manual for the Use of Real-Time Oceanographic Data Quality Control Flags provides information to operators of ocean observing systems about the purpose and protocols of marking or flagging data, so that subsequent use of the data can be properly controlled by both users and automated processes. It also provides an excellent reference for various schemes currently in use in the global ocean observing community.
The key objective of QARTOD is to sustain a process for establishing QA/QC procedures that will:
- Establish authoritative QA/QC procedures for 26 of the U.S. IOOS core variables, as necessary, including detailed information about the sensors and procedures used to measure the variables.
- Produce written manuals for these QA/QC procedures
- From the list of individual QA/QC procedures and guidelines developed, define a baseline set of QA/QC procedures that can be used for certification of RCOOS data providers
- Facilitate QA/QC integration with Global Ocean Observing System (GOOS) and other international ocean observation efforts
- Engage the Federal Agencies and IOOS Regions that are part of, or contribute to, US IOOS who will use the established QA/QC procedure
- Work efficiently, without duplication of effort, to facilitate the implementation of common QA/QC procedures amongst US IOOS Partners.
QARTOD is a continuing multi-agency effort that started in 2003.
QARTOD History - The history of this project, including links to all the reports from previous QARTOD meetings and workshops.
QARTOD Meetings - Access agendas, reports, presentations and more from the QARTOD Meetings.
The Project Plan describes how the project works, deliverables, the roles and the responsibilities of the participants, the structure of the QARTOD, and information about the key supporting organizations/roles.
QARTOD Core Variable/Sensor Matrix - Revised: July 2017