Wondering what the latest news is on Hurricane Harvey or other extreme weather events in the Gulf of Mexico? The Gulf of Mexico Coastal Ocean Observing System (GCOOS) now has web pages where you can find that information and more.
GCOOS created a new page dedicated to tropical weather affecting the Gulf of Mexico — online at https://geo.gcoos.org/hurricane/
The page includes:
- Maps with predicted storm tracks, weather forecasts, live web cams along the Gulf coast and more;
- The National Hurricane Center (NHC) weather outlook;
- NOAA satellite loops;
- A Twitter feed with the latest hurricane/tropical weather news from sources like the NHC, National Weather Service (NWS), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Weather Channel and others;
- Links to Gulf state emergency management centers;
- Links to county evacuation and shelter information;
- Plus videos on storm preparation, what to do during a storm and what to do after a storm.