Below are links to upcoming meetings and webinars, as well as grants, funding, job and internship opportunities, as listed in the Eyes on the Ocean™ IOOS Newsletter. This page is updated regularly, so bookmark it and check back often!
Click here to subscribe to the Eyes on the Ocean™ - IOOS newsletter.
Please check links as we move forward as things may change quickly for planned events.
- June 6-8: Capitol Hill Ocean Week
- June 13-15: Workshop: Water Levels in the Southeast
- June 25 - 27: IOOS Advisory Committee Public Meeting
- September 19 - 21: Lakebed 2030
- September 25 - 28: Oceans 2023
- September 26 - 28: 2023 DMAC Meeting
- October 3 - 5: EuroGOOS International Conference
- October 26-28: 2023 SACNAS NDiSTEM Conference
- November 12 - 16: 27th Biennial CERF Conference: Resilience & Recovery (Abstracts due 5/10)
- OCG-14 Low Cost Technologies & Data Workshop, June 2, 9am SAST
- Ocean Visions Webinar: Science and Research Efforts in the Ocean-Based CDR Startup Sector, June 7, 12:00-1:00pm EDT. Register here.
- SERIES: National Marine Sanctuaries Webinar Series
- June 5: Discover the Coral Reef and Kelp Forest Ecosystem Resource Collections
- Aug 10: Boiling Over: Marine Heatwaves, What are They and What Can We Expect?
- Sept 19: Teamwork Makes the Dream Work: How Visitors Help Sanctuaries Monitor Climate Change
- Oct 17: Why Should We Care About Freshwater Acidification? Science and Stewardship in Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary
- Oct 18: Unique ways to connect kids and teens to the ocean and engage them as science communicators
- SERIES: EMB Third Thursday Science
- June 15: Ecosystem effects of offshore windfarms: understanding and use for a sustainable future
Grants and Funding Opportunities:
- NOAA Planet Stewards, NOAA. Applications due June 4.
- Great Lakes Observing Platform Repair/Equipment Funding, GLOS. Applications considered on a rolling basis.
Job & Internship Opportunities:
- NEW! Opportunity to join the MTS Board of Directors! Deadline to Nominate is June 15.
- Data Officer, EMSO ERIC. Closes Dec 31.
- NEW! Software Engineer for the Blue-Cloud2026 project, SOCIB. Open until filled.
- NEW! Network Coordinator for the U.S. Animal Telemetry Network, U.S. IOOS/NOAA. Open until filled.
- Wave Buoy Program Coordinator, AEWC. Open until filled.
- Wave Buoy Village Facilitator, AEWC. Open until filled.