Below are links to upcoming meetings and webinars, as well as grants, funding, job and internship opportunities, as listed in the Eyes on the Ocean™ IOOS Newsletter.
This page is updated regularly, so bookmark it and check back often!
Click here to subscribe to the Eyes on the Ocean™ - IOOS Bi-weekly newsletter.
Upcoming Meetings (Bolded meetings have direct IOOS involvement):
Please check links as we move forward as things may change quickly for planned events.
- May 17 - 19: FACT Bi-Annual Meeting
- May 23rd - 25th: California Ocean Observing Systems Science Impact and Stakeholder Engagement Meeting
- May 19: CARICOOS General Assembly
- June 7 - 9: Capitol Hill Ocean Week
- June 7 - 9: Ocean Decade Co-Design Workshop
- June 8 - 9: SECOORA 2022 Annual Meeting
- June 14 - 16: 2022 IOOS DMAC Meeting
- Sept 19 - 22: MTS 14th Buoy Workshop
- Sept 19 - 23: The Open Science Conference on Eastern Boundary Upwelling Systems (EBUS): Past, Present and Future and the Second International Conference on the Humboldt Current System
- Sept 20 - 22: UG2 2022 Glider Workshop
- October 5, 6, and 19: Ocean Practices Workshop VI
- Nov 2 - 3: 12th Radiowave Operators Working Group (ROWG) meeting
- Nov 29 - Dec 1: CommOcean 2022
- NEW! May 24: A High-resolution Ocean Reanalysis of the Northwest Atlantic in Support of the Climate Change Studies and Blue Economy
- SERIES: NOAA 2022 Hurricane Awareness Webinars
- May 24: Keeping our mariner's safe: How NOAA provides information to mariners
- May 26: Manteniendo el público informado de eventos peligrosos durante la pandemia
- June 2: Beyond Our Borders: Hurricane Forecast Collaboration in the Caribbean
- SERIES: BlueTech Global Connect
- May 19: Space Applications
- June 16: Building a Sustainable Future for our Ports & Harbors
- SERIES: EMB Third Thursday Science
- May 19: Critical research needs for informing environmental management of deep-sea mining
Grants and Funding Opportunities:
- Great Lakes Observing Platform Repair/Equipment Funding, applications considered on a rolling basis.
Job & Internship Opportunities:
- Deputy Chief, Hydrographic Surveys Division, Office of Coast Survey, NOAA. Closes May 24. Current Federal Employees | Public Announcement
- Ocean Acidification Network Coordinator, AOOS. Closes May 25.
- Outreach Director, AOOS. Closes May 25.
- Community Engagement Coordinator, AOOS. Closes May 25.
- NEW! Ocean Technology Program Manager, Mote Marine. Closes 7/15.
- NEW! Ocean Modeling Programmer, CRITFC. Open until filled.
- NEW! Oceanographer, CRITFC. Open until filled.
- ATN Network Coordinator, U.S. IOOS. Open until filled.
- Executive Director, IOOS Association. Open until filled.
- Data Specialist, GCOOS, Open until filled.