Below are links to upcoming meetings and webinars, as well as grants, funding, job and internship opportunities, as listed in the Eyes on the Ocean™ IOOS Newsletter.
This page is updated regularly, so bookmark it and check back often!
Click here to subscribe to the Eyes on the Ocean™ - IOOS newsletter.
Upcoming Meetings (Bolded meetings have direct IOOS involvement):
Please check links as we move forward as things may change quickly for planned events.
- Oct 5, 6, and 19: Ocean Practices OBPS Workshop VI
- Nov 7 - 10: 10th Ocean Tracking Network Symposium
- Nov 8 - 10: IOOS Association Fall Meeting
- Nov 9 - 10: 2022 Esri Ocean, Weather, and Climate GIS Forum
- Nov 14 - 18: TMA BlueTech Week
- Nov 29 - Dec 1: CommOcean 2022
- Dec 4 - 8: Coastal & Estuarine Summit
- Dec 12 - 16: AGU Fall Meeting
- Jan 8 - 12: AMS Annual Meeting
- Sargassum Watch from Space, October 25, 12pm ET
- SERIES: Marine Technology Society - Dialogues with Industry
- October 13: Dialogue 2 Multi-sectoral ocean architecture: Integrating new observing networks and business models
- November 9: Dialogue 3 User driven ocean information services: Core and downstream services
- December 9: Dialogue 4 Looking ahead: New technology for the Ocean Decade
- SERIES: National Marine Sanctuaries Webinar Series
- October 19: Celebrating 50 Years of Ocean Conservation and Stewardship
- SERIES: BlueTech Global Connect
- October 20: Supporting a Targeted, Responsible, and Sustainable Blue Workforce
- December 15: Engineering and an Open Mind: Highlighting BlueTech
- SERIES: EMB Third Thursday Science
- October 20: The MPA Guide: A framework to achieve global goals for the Ocean
Grants and Funding Opportunities:
- Weather Program Office Accepting Proposals for FY2023 Funding Opportunity, NWS. Letters of intent due 9/15/2022. Full applications due 11/17/2022.
- Ideas Lab: Engineering Technologies to Advance Underwater Sciences (ETAUS), NSF. Proposals are due 9/19/22; full proposals due 3/1/2023.
- NEW! Coastal Hypoxia Research Program, NOAA/NCCOS. Full applications due 1/10/2023.
- FY23 Ocean Technology Transition Project Notice of Funding Opportunity. LOIs (recommended) due 10/21/2022; full proposals due 1/17/2023.
- RFP: Fill Regional Observational Gaps on the Florida East Coast, SECOORA. Proposals due 11/11/2022.
- NEW! National Competitive Harmful Algal Bloom Programs, NOAA/NCCOS. Letter of Intent required, full applications due 1/31/2023
- Great Lakes Observing Platform Repair/Equipment Funding, GLOS. applications considered on a rolling basis.
Job & Internship Opportunities:
- NEW! Ocean Decade Programme Consultant, GOOS. Closes 10/14.
- NEW! Deputy Assistant Administrator for Navigation, Observations and Positioning (DAA-NOP), NOAA. Closes 10/24/2022
- NEW! Program Specialist/Chief Scientist at the Decade Collaborative Center on Coastal Resilience, UN Decade Collaborative Center on Coastal Resilience. Closes 11/7.
- Data Scientist for Modeling Analysis and Outreach, U.S. IOOS Office. Open until filled.
- NEW! CeNCOOS Data Specialist, CeNCOOS. Open until filled.
- NEW! Postdoctoral Associate, CIMAS. Open until filled.
- Oceanographer, NOAA CO-OPS (via contract). Open until filled.
- Coastal Modeler, NOAA CO-OPS (via contract). Open until filled.
- Part-Time Accountant, SECOORA, Open until filled.
- Scientific Computing Specialist, GCOOS. Open until filled.