Below are links to upcoming meetings and webinars, as well as grants, funding, job and internship opportunities, as listed in the Eyes on the Ocean™ IOOS Newsletter.
This page is updated regularly, so bookmark it and check back often!
Click here to subscribe to the Eyes on the Ocean™ - IOOS newsletter.
Please check links as we move forward as things may change quickly for planned events.
- September 12 - 14: MARACOOS Annual Meeting
- September 12 - 13: WMO Virtual Workshop on Environmental Sustainability of Observing Systems and Methods
- September 19 - 21: Lakebed 2030
- September 25 - 28: MTS Oceans 2023
- September 26 - 28: 2023 DMAC Meeting
- October 3 - 5: EuroGOOS International Conference
- October 10: GCOOS Fall Members Meeting
- October 24 - 25: 2023 Living Shorelines Tech Transfer Workshop
- October 26-28: 2023 SACNAS NDiSTEM Conference
- November 12 - 16: 27th Biennial CERF Conference: Resilience & Recovery
- November 13 - 16: Maritime Alliance BlueTech Week
- December 8: NERACOOS Annual Meeting
- February 18 - 23, 2024: AGU Ocean Sciences
- April 10 - 12, 2024: UN Ocean Decade Conference
- May 20 - 23, 2023: 2024 MTS Buoy Workshop
- June 10 - 24, 2024: International Underwater Glider Conference
- September 13: NHABON Webinar #9: The Economic Impact of HABs
- September 15: A tour of newly funded marine carbon dioxide removal (mCDR) projects, NOAA Ocean Acidification Program
- NEW! SERIES: Engaging with the Blue Economy
- Sept 13: Detect, Capture and Sequester: Pathways to Achieve Climate Goals - Methane
- SERIES: National Marine Sanctuaries Webinar Series
- Sept 19: Teamwork Makes the Dream Work: How Visitors Help Sanctuaries Monitor Climate Change
- Oct 17: Why Should We Care About Freshwater Acidification? Science and Stewardship in Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary
- Oct 18: Unique ways to connect kids and teens to the ocean and engage them as science communicators
- SERIES: EMB Third Thursday Science
- Sept 21: Deoxygenation in the Black Sea
- Ocean-Based Climate Resilience Accelerators, NOAA. Phase One applications due 9/11.
- Ocean Acidification Coastal Research: Uniting Investigations and Shipboard Experiments (OA Cruise), NOAA. Applications due 9/18.
- NEW! Request for Proposals: Vembu Subramanian Ocean Scholars Award, SECOORA. Proposals due 10/3.
- NEW! Request for Proposals: SECOORA Data Challenge. Proposals due 10/6.
- NEW! Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for Social, Cultural and Economic Assessment of Harmful Algal Blooms, NOAA. Letters of Intent due 10/13.
- NEW! Request for Proposals: Enhancing Marine Science Curriculum for K-12 Formal and Informal Educators, SECOORA. Proposals due 10/27.
- NOAA’s Climate Ready Workforce for Coastal and Great Lakes States, Tribes, and Territories Initiative, NOAA. LOIs due 11/30.
- Great Lakes Observing Platform Repair/Equipment Funding, GLOS. Applications considered on a rolling basis.
- NEW! Cartographer, NOAA National Geodetic Survey. Closes 9/13.
- MAP: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/746320300
- DE: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/746320500
- Data Officer, EMSO ERIC. Closes Dec 31.
- NEW! Marine Mammal Biologist/Data Scientist, GCOOS. Open until filled.
- Senior Software Engineer, Ocean Observatories Initiative. Open until filled.
Communications Support Specialist, NOAA Marine Debris Program via Lynker. Open until filled.
- Project Officer for managing the Virtual Access in the context of the JERICO-S3, SOCIB. Open until filled.
- Software Engineer for the Blue-Cloud2026 project, SOCIB. Open until filled.
- Wave Buoy Program Coordinator, AEWC. Open until filled.
- Wave Buoy Village Facilitator, AEWC. Open until filled.